In Sanskrit Ashta means eight and Anga means limbs so it can be termed as the eight limb path and is based on Yoga Philosophy of Patanjali. As history of yoga is very rich it helps people in all its manner and this is one of its form which is also known as Power Yoga. Each of the eight limbs has an important part to play for a better and healthy living looking ahead to make life less stressful and happy.
The eight limbs which signify Ashthanga Yoga are
1. Yama - It reflects the moral and ethical grounds of human behavior
Asteya: No stealing
Aparigraha: Non-covetousness or Envy or possessiveness
2. Niyama - It reflects the disciplines one has to go through their human life
Shoucha - Purity
Santosh - Contentment
Tapa - Endurance
Swadhyaya- Self study
Eshwar Pranidhan- Dedication towards god
3. Asana: It is the practice of asana for better well-being in your body and soul
4. Pranayama: Breathing exercises a way to attain control on your breathing pattern
5. Pratyahara: Withdrawal of the senses, which would mean total cut off from the outside world and the concentration level increases in making your mind a haven for all the positive energy.
6. Dharana: Concentration, something which would help you to concentrate without any level of distraction.
7. Dhyana: Meditation and concentration on things which are your main objective but also being done on a wider perspective.
8. Samadhi: Attainment a state of joy and bliss which is based on your skills of dhyana and realizing the purity of your life and the importance in life as whole. It can also be stated as enlightenment.