Every year five to ten million household poisonings are reported. Many are fatal and most of them are children. These poisonings are the result of ingestion of common household products found in nearly every home.
The sad part is tragedies like this can be easily avoided. The problem is most parents are not even aware there is safer products on the market that are even more effective and in many cases cheaper.
This is so crucial and it may be what saves your child's life. I urge you to make sure you are well informed and aware of the toxic chemicals in your household cleaners as well as your personal care products.
To just name a few of these products that we all seem to have in our homes there is window cleaner, bleach, dishwashing detergent, shampoo, mouthwash, cosmetics and many more. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has stated that these products are among many of the most dangerous substances in the home.
You make think that you keep these products out of reach of your children so that they are safe but that is not the case. Dont get me wrong that is wonderful but the problem is the chemicals are still in the air.
Say for example your laundry detergent or bleach it would take at least 19 loads just running your clothes through water alone to get those products out. Now think about that for a minute becuase those clothes are the clothes that are hugged up against your children as well as yourself.
The fact is if you use safer non toxic products you dont have to worry about these issues.
In one study done over a 15 year period women who worked in the home had a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who had jobs away from home. The study concluded that the increased death rate in the women was due to the daily exposure to the hazardous chemicals found n ordinary household products.
Also the Consumer Product Safety Commission put out a report stating that chemicals commonly found in homes identified 150 that are linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities. A 1985 study conducted by the EPA concluded that the toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than air pollution.
With you and your families long term health at risk should you keep these chemicals in your home? Please take action and convert your home to a safe home.